Manager of Afterschool Operations, STEM/Tech programs
The Pixel Academy is looking for a dedicated and well-organized person to manage an after-school location! This salaried, full-time position includes oversight of all logistics and operations at the site, including: Managing staff, scheduling shifts, communicating with parents, maintaining the space, and most importantly, being responsible for the safety (and fun) of the kids who attend our programs. On the outside, you would act as the primary contact for potential and existing customers throughout the year. Internally, you would be tasked with keeping your space fun and fresh and making sure every aspect of your location is contributing to a premium Pixel Academy experience.
Pixel Academy empowers kids ages 7-14 to create with cutting-edge tech. We use 3D printers, laser cutters and more to turn popular interfaces like Minecraft, Roblox and YouTube into relevant, memorable learning experiences all year round: After school, on school holidays and breaks, at summer camp and more. Learn more about us at www.pixelacademy.org
If you want to work in a fun environment with a high-energy community of kids, educators, and tech-evangelists, then this could be the job for you!
This is a full-time position. You should expect to work no less than 40 hours a week, Monday-Friday. Normal hours are between 10:30 A.M. and 7:00 P.M. Earlier mornings, evenings or weekends are also periodically/seasonally required. Must be able to work in Manhattan and Brooklyn.
- Coordinate and oversee daily operations on-site, such as check-in and check-out, inventory, space cleanliness, school pickups, and the overall experience for everyone in the space including kids, customers, and staff.
- Manage staff day-to-day and lead team meetings.
- Oversee shifts, supervision, and management of all location staff.
- Make schedules and ensure staff are on time, in uniform, and completing their responsibilities.
- Communicate policies, procedures, and feedback to customers, kids, and employees.
- Inspire a positive attitude among staff!
- Troubleshoot and solve any obstacle that arises.
- Develop, implement, assess, and improve location-specific norms and systems.
- Contribute to the company’s success overall by completing related tasks as necessary
- At least 2 years of similar operations employment
- Prior leadership/management experience
- Experience managing a team of at least 4 people
- Energetic and proactive
- Highly organized
- Excellent communication and friendly attitude
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Ability to be silly, have fun, and be a role model for kids, teens, and employees
- Interest in joining a small company dedicated to facilitating fun and creative learning experience
- Working in a laid-back and fun atmosphere with like-minded people
- Ability to use the Pixel Academy for your own projects and ideas (including 3D printers, laser cutters, Oculus Rifts, etc)
- Kids are hilarious and you will enjoy your life more working with them!